The Generic Patch/Splice Tray, FIST-GPST-12 is a mechanical tray assembly for the FISTfiber management system in a rack environment.
FIST-GPST-12’s are typically used in conjunction with a FIST splice and patchshelf (FIST-GPS2)
FIST-GPSTF-12’s are typically used in conjunction with a FIST splice and patchshelf (FIST-GPS3).
The unit has the following functions and features:
- Patching only, using patch cords, connectorized break-out or intra-facility cable
- Splicing loose tube cable, non connectorized intra-facility or break-out cable to pigtails and patching these pigtails to patch cords
- Splitters can be integrated
- Full patching capability on the tray and between the trays of one shelf.FIST-GPST-12FIST generic patching shelf tray
Patching trays are used instead of frontpatch panels:
- Patch cords are better managed in a horizontal plane
- Full access at both sides of the connection-Reconnection to other positions in the same tray or shelf does not result in uncontrolled overlengths
- Various connector adapters possible
- Bend controls guide and protect the pigtail cable and ensure controlled cable bending
- Empty versions available as well as filled with various types of adapters/retainers and eventually pre-fibered with the conforming pigtails.