The front patching/splicing shelf, FOMS-FPS, is a multi-purpose mechanical shelf assembly for a fiber management system in a rack environment. Its compact design and high-density capacity allow the FOMS-FPS to deliver carrier-class fiber management to central offices, POPs, FTTx, mobile systems and LANs.
Two versions are available:
- Patching only
- Patching & splicing to terminate loose tube, central core, IFC and ribbon cables
The unit has the following features:
- 19” size: suitable for any 19” electronic equipment rack (also compatible with ETSI, 23” or CommScope GR2 and UR using adaptation brackets).
- Accommodates up to 24 standard or 48 small form factor connectors on the shelf front. Different connector types can be mixed in the same shelf.
- Pivoting tray allows easy access to the interior of the shelf, even when equipment jumpers have been installed. FOMS-FPS Front patching/splicing shelf
- Angled connector patch panel reduces the risk of eye damage and ensures a positive fiber management for the equipment jumpers.
- Restricted depth guarantees optimum access to the back for cable termination
- An optional transparent cover will protect the equipment jumpers if open frames without front doors are used.
- Repair facility when terminating IFC cable.
- Mounting brackets can be installed at the front or back of the shelf.
- Trumpet to protect the incoming pigtails at the side or the back of the shelf.
- Proven FOSC tray splicing concept ensures bend radius protection and solutions for all types of fibers and splice protectors (SMOUV-ANT).
- Shelf can be delivered with pigtails and connector adapters in the kit
- Shelves with integrated passive components (splitters, WDMs) available on request.
|Dimensions in mm||H||W||D (incl cover)||D|
|Splicing cable to pigtails|
|Number of splicing trays||2|
|Number of connectors||24|
|Numbers of SFF connectors||48|