An ideal solution for FTTH networks, the OFDC-C12 gel sealed closure provides an ideal connection point for distribution & drop cables. The closure can be used in aerial, pedestal and underground (up to 2 meters)environments.
The closure provides separate compartments for each functional area of looped cable storage, tube breakout, splicing, and patching to drop cables. Individual access is provided to a patching compartment, allowing connection to drop cables without disturbance of fibers stored in other compartments.
Connection to distribution cables is via Commscope’s Xpresdrop cable (SC/UPC, SC/APC connector footprints).
The gel seals used for both closure and cables are fully reuseable and make re-entry quick and easy.
- Compact design
- Separate compartments for functional area of looped cable storage, tube breakout and splicing, and patching to drop cables
- Individual access to drop cable connection area
- Drop cable terminated in the closure using Commscope’s Xpres-drop cable (SC/UPC, SC/APC connector footprints)
- Entire fiber management section can be removed from closure body
- Compatible with RECORDsplice, SMOUV and ANT splice protectors
- Splicing capacity: 24 RECORDsplice or 48 SMOUV (45mm) or combination of both and up to 72 (45mm SMOUV)
- Also suitable for housing optical splitters
- Four cable ports (2 of 13-15 mm, 2 of 8-10mm)
- Twelve drop cable ports (3-5mm)
- No special installation tools required
Dimensions and Capacity
|Length x Width x Height (mm)||370×214×118|
|Cable diameter for main cables (mm)||13-15|
|Cable diameter for branch cables (mm)||8-10|
|Cable diameter for drop cables (mm)||3-5|
|Splicing capacity||48 fusion splices or 24 mechanical splices, 72 fusion splices|
|Patching capacity||12 SC adapters|