SMOUV splice protector sleeves provide mechanical and environmental protection for fusion splices of single and ribbonized fiber.
The SMOUV sleeve consists of
- A clear outer heat shrink material
- A low temperature hot melt adhesive to encapsulate the splice
- A stainless steel rod for single fiber splices and a ceramic rod for ribbonized fiber splices to ensure proper alignment and rigidity
SMOUV-1120 sleeves for single fibers are ideal for protecting single fusion splices of primary and secondary tight or semi-tight coated fibers.
SMOUV-1120 sleeves for multiple fibers protect mass fusion splices of ribbons with two to twelve fibers.
All SMOUV-1120 sleeves are compatible with the most commonly used fiber management systems and organizers.
SMOUV-0120 sleeves are designed for protecting single fusion splices of primary and secondary semi-tight coated fibers in high density fiber management systems.
- 30 years of global proven field performance
- Compatible with all common fiber coatings
- Optimal design for simple and correct fiber entrance
- Hot melt adhesive especially developed for optimal flow
- Transparent heat shrinkable tube for simple installation verification
- Short installation cycle and compatible with most common ovens
- Available as separate item or as part of an application kit