Splicing sub-assemblies are the essentialbuilding blocks that allow the user to build avariety of networks.
A SOSA2 sub-assembly consists of thefollowing parts
- Organizer trays, designed to store fiber and splices
- A ‘wraparound’ grooveplate designed with slots for routing fiber to and from the organizer trays
Different types are designed to allow for:
- Single element management: fibers may be spliced according to their cable construction
- Single circuit management: The unique and essential ability to manage fibers ina single circuit fashion
- Single ribbon fiber management
- Total fiber management
- Full fiber containment
- Full bend radius control
- Physical protection
- Independent of any cable construction
- Compliant with most splice types
- Loop-back facility allowing for singlecircuit uncut looped fiber storage on the tray.